There are numerous benefits when people use a massage chair. Massage chairs are first marketed as luxury household machines that are not normally affordable by the mass. Some people even think that the massage therapy from massage chairs are not actually massage! Nowadays, massage chairs are affordable and offer real benefits for our personal health. Here is a short list of the benefits we can get from a good massage chair:
- Help people relax and loosen tight muscles
- Improve blood circulation
- Alleviate muscle pain and headaches
- Help to decompress and improve spine alignment
- Provide heat therapy to improve area blood flow
- Help improving sleep quality, most chairs have a sleep massage mode
- Improve flexibility with stretching massage
Today’s massage chairs come a long way from 70 years of massage technology originated from Japan in the 1950s. The technology has improved tremendously by using more human friendly materials, SL track technology and more flexible massage hands & techniques such as 2D, 3D technologies. Although the massage therapy provided by true professional therapists is still superior to the massage techniques by a massage chair, the gap is being narrowed gradually with improved massage chair technologies.
It is high time for us to try the massage chairs and to find out what they can do to improve our overall health and well-being at affordable prices.